If you’re considering starting therapy, then I hope the following resources might help:
- Irvin Yalom’s writing as a psychotherapist is really accessible. His book Love’s Executioner was the first book I read in this field before starting my training.
- The Examined Life by Stephen Grosz contains some really interesting case studies of clients in therapy.
- Series 1 and 2 of Susie Orbach’s In Therapy Radio 4 programme (which accompanies her book of the same name) are fictional accounts of therapy led by one of the UK’s most renowned psychotherapists.
- Article- Things I wish I’d known before starting therapy
- Article-How to make the most out of therapy
- Article- When is the right time to see a therapist?
- Article – How to prepare for your first therapy session
Photo by Patrick Fore on Unsplash